Once again, your game is good and addictive. Mains mechanics are simple but yet efficient. Congrats !
A roguelike made in 48h for #7DRL about trying to be an adult and surviving 2018.
Some notes about it:
- Reach the last day of the month to get to the next one. The game ends when December ends.
- It might take a few runs to get the hang of it.
- It's not supposed to be hard if you think your moves. Let me know on twitter if you managed to beat it (and how many runs it took).
- The key to completing it lies in mastering your skills (the buttons on the left side). This recharge at the start of each month.
- You click on nearby tiles to move (you'll know you can move if the outline is yellow).
- After you move to a new tile your stats will change.
- There are skills you can use on the left. The first unblocks locked tiles (the ones you can't move to), click on that skill and then select a column. The second skills lets you jump over tiles, click on it and then select the tile where you want to go. The last one is a shield, click on it; it'll block the effect of the next tile you step on. YES, skills can be comined, for example, activate your shield and jump afterwards.
French translation by rotofil
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi, I might be blind, but how do you make it English? I seem to only have the french version and while I appreciate the translation, my french is terrible
Hi! Adultlike was meant to be browser-based only (that one is still in English). The downloadable versions were made a year after its release and for a special occasion. English-speakers should play on the browser. Sorry about that.
hi! i enjoyed your game and i'm planning to show it to my pupils in my class ; the problem is they are all french and most of them might get overwhelmed with the english. does itch.io provides any kind of tool for internationalisation? i'd be more than happy to do the translation work. thank you!
I'll try to check this today later at home and see how hard it'd be to translate it :-)
thanks! let me know if i can help.
So I took a look at the source and all the text seems to be integrated through code and not images. So I can send you a spreadsheet on Thursday with all the text, you can translate that to French and I'll implement it. Send me a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll get you the spreadsheet once it's ready :-)
It took me a few runs to understand the game, but once I got it it got really fun, really forces you to think ahead and plan every move
Congratulations! now im a world class adult. yeay!!
its my first gameplay about this video. hoep you enjoy it! :)
Nice! This was fun.
Took a long ass time to get to the end, but I finally made it. It took a few tries to understand the flow of the game, but once I understood it, the game just opened up. Good job on this.
Well executed and fun! I've enjoyed it a lot. This could make for a nice mobile game I think.
It was fun making it, I might try to do a few tests with this concept once I finish a few on-going sideprojects
agh! sweet taste of depression...
cute game! on the 2nd try, i made it through the year. there were some close calls though. too real lol :P
I have added you to the stream queue for monday's show https://twitter.com/stalkjimmy/status/972561646387417094
it's almost like darksoul but more realistic
What a sad win screen!
Cool tiny game,
I don't think it's too hard (nor impossible), there is always a clever solution!
Thanks! Yeah, I was afraid people would think it was a bit too hard. but looks like pretty much everybody is getting to the end :-)