Arcade sequel of the popular game Chess. Made in a couple of days for the Dream Arcade Archive jam. Mashing some concepts from Chess and Street Fighter together.
It features two game modes, a single player arcade mode and a multiplayer versus one. The AI is barely functional, versus (multiplayer) mode is the main focus of the game.
There are 6 different characters to choose from.
Player 1 uses WASD + E. Player 2 uses Arrow Keys + Enter.
Escape will trigger the menu. Fullscreen mode is encouraged (specially if you're playing the browser version).
You don't have to read this in order to play the game, just in case you are curious.
- It's chess but without kings, you win by taking all the enemy pieces or by having more health when the timer reaches zero.
- Each player has 9 health points. Losing a pawn (or a queen) removes 1 point. Losing a Knight or a bishop removes 3 points. Losing a Rook removes 5 points.
- Pawns turn into a queen when they reach the last line.
- Pawns can move two squares even if they're not on the second line (as long as it's their first move).
- You have 6 seconds to make a move. If you don't move a peice you will lose your turn.
You can play using the arcade boss (Deep Blue Something). When on the character selection menu, leave your marker on "random" (but don't select it) and press down 10 times ("S" if you are player 1, down arrow key if you are player 2).
It's way less polished that most of my games but I think it's actually an interesting multiplayer thing if you can get over the graphics.